Buying pet treats these days is scary, with so many being recalled and making cats sick. Not to mention, you never really know what is in them. Making your own cat treats is not only safer, it is generally less expensive.
Drain the can of salmon thoroughly. Pour the salmon into a bowl and tear into very small pieces.
Cut cat grass with scissors, creating pieces that are between 1/3 and 1/2 inch long. Mix the grass and salmon together thoroughly.
Spread the mixture in a food dehydrator and dehydrate for two to three hours. Once it is thoroughly dried, break into smaller pieces and store in an airtight container.
Items you will need
- 6-ounce can of salmon in water
- 1/3 cup cat grass
- Cat grass is grass from barley or wheat seeds that is grown indoors. Do not use grass from a yard where chemicals may have been sprayed.
- Tabby cat taking a cat nap on a pair of shoes image by mario beauregard from Fotolia.com
- Probiotic Feline Treats
- How to Make Natural Dog Treats With Dried Vegetables in the Oven
- How to Dehydrate Chicken in the Oven for Dog Treats
- DIY Icing for Natural Dog Treats
- Dog Treat Recipe With No Corn or Wheat
- Homemade Pumpkin Crisp for Dogs
- How to Get Your Dog to Wear a Coat or Sweater
- Are Rawhide Bones Harmful to Dogs?