Bad timing: Fido decided to use the living room sofa as his toilet right before your husband's boss is arriving for dinner. The stain's not just an eyesore; its unpleasant odor fills the space. Don't panic - you can quickly remove all traces of your pooch's accident.
Put on waterproof rubber gloves. As much as you adore your pooch, you don't really want to come into contact with his business.
Place a small amount of dish soap onto a clean cloth or paper towel and gently dab it onto the urine stain.
Add a solution of 1 part water and 2 parts white vinegar into a spray bottle. Shake well.
Spray the cleaning solution generously on the spot of Fido's boo-boo. Don't scrub the stain, to avoid pushing it deeper into the sofa cushion. Allow to dry.
Wipe off any remaining residue with a clean cloth.
Items you will need
- Waterproof rubber gloves
- 2 clean cloths
- Liquid dish soap
- White vinegar
- Spray bottle
- There may be a slight remaining odor of vinegar, but it will eventually dissipate.
- Photos.com/PhotoObjects.net/Getty Images
- How to Make a Little Puppy Shirt
- How to Remove Brown Stains From the Eyes of a Bichon Frise
- How to Make Cat Repellant for Furniture
- How to Make Homemade Dog Shampoo Without Vinegar
- How to Clean Bird Poo Off Upholstery
- How to Remove Eye Gunk & Hard Fur in a Yorkie
- How to Remove Dog Urine Smell Outside
- How to Eliminate Dog Waste Odors Outside