Bad timing: Fido decided to use the living room sofa as his toilet right before your husband's boss is arriving for dinner. The stain's not just an eyesore; its unpleasant odor fills the space. Don't panic - you can quickly remove all traces of your pooch's accident.
Put on waterproof rubber gloves. As much as you adore your pooch, you don't really want to come into contact with his business.
Place a small amount of dish soap onto a clean cloth or paper towel and gently dab it onto the urine stain.
Add a solution of 1 part water and 2 parts white vinegar into a spray bottle. Shake well.
Spray the cleaning solution generously on the spot of Fido's boo-boo. Don't scrub the stain, to avoid pushing it deeper into the sofa cushion. Allow to dry.
Wipe off any remaining residue with a clean cloth.
Items you will need
- Waterproof rubber gloves
- 2 clean cloths
- Liquid dish soap
- White vinegar
- Spray bottle
- There may be a slight remaining odor of vinegar, but it will eventually dissipate.
- Photos.com/PhotoObjects.net/Getty Images
- How to Remove Dog Poop Stains
- Black Eggs in a Dog's Fur
- Dog Is Obsessed with Eating Gloves & Socks
- How to Take Out Dog Urine from Carpet Weeks Later
- How to Use Slicker Brushes on Dogs
- How to Wash Out a Dog Urine Stain in Fabric
- How to Clean Dried Cat Urine Smells Out of a Rug
- How to Remove Dog Urine Stains From Oak Flooring