The AVID microchip is a small electronic device that is implanted underneath an animal’s skin and uses a unique number to identify and contact the rightful owner should the dog ever become lost. Effectiveness of the AVID chip depends on complete and current registration information.
Check a Dog’s AVID ID Chip Registration Online
Locate the AVID chip number associated with the dog. If you do not have it handy, take him to a veterinary office where he can be scanned.
Visit the American Animal Hospital Association’s Pet Microchip Lookup website. The American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) maintains a universal database of microchip information and can help you check a dog’s chip registration online. Enter the dog’s AVID microchip number into the search box on the AAHA website and submit the request.
Visit the AVID website. Click “Looking for a lost pet” at the bottom of the page, enter the necessary information and submit the request.
- The AAHA website will provide immediate results for your query about AVID chip registration information, whereas queries submitted directly on the AVID website will require you to wait for a response.
- chip image by andreas from Fotolia.com
- How to Contact Rescue Organizations for German Shepherds
- How to Make Service Dog Vests
- How to Remove Dog Urine Odor from a Tile Floor
- Dog Chip Identification
- How to Transfer Ownership of a Dog With an ID Chip
- How to See If a Dog Has a Microchip
- How to Register a Dog's Microchip
- How to Take Out Dog Urine from Carpet Weeks Later