Yorkies are energetic little doggies with affectionate personalities that make them great companions. Bath time not only keeps her luscious locks clean and shiny, but allows you to bond with your Yorkie baby.
Turn on the water in the sink and run it until it is lukewarm. Put a stopper in the drain and fill the sink with 4 inches of water. Do not make the water too deep since a Yorkie puppy is generally only 6 to 8 inches tall.
Set your pup in the water. Give her a few minutes to get used to it. Always keep a close eye on her and make sure she doesn’t try to jump out.
Scoop a cup full of water from the sink and pour it over your Yorkie. Start at the back of the head and work down your puppy’s spine until her whole body is wet. Wet the long hair over your Yorkie's eyes by cupping your hand and splashing water up slowly. Avoid getting water in her eyes or ears. Yorkies are susceptible to ear infections if water gets in them.
Squirt a puppy-safe shampoo, like Yorkie Splash, that does not contain harsh chemicals on the pup’s back and gently lather it over her body. Do not scrub. Yorkie puppies have fine baby hair and scrubbing may cause it to tangle.
Pull the stopper from the sink and let the dirty water drain. Rinse your Yorkie with fresh, lukewarm water.
Apply a small amount of puppy conditioner to your puppy’s coat. After about two minutes, rinse her coat completely.
Dry your puppy with a towel for the first few baths until she is used to the process, then introduce the hairdryer on low heat since your Yorkie puppy has thin, fine hair.
Items you will need
- Puppy shampoo
- Puppy conditioner
- Brush your puppy often to prevent tangles in her hair.
- If you get water in your pup's eyes or ears, dry it out immediately.
- NA/PhotoObjects.net/Getty Images
- How Could You Teach Puppies to Drink Water in a Bowl?
- How to Keep Yorkie Coats
- How to Care for Newborn Beagle Puppies in Cold Weather
- How to Comb and Brush a Yorkie's Legs to Make Them Fluffy & Full
- How to Trim a Maltese Face
- How to Bathe a Cocker Spaniel Puppy & Clean Its Ears
- How to Kill Fleas on a Puppy
- Washing a Miniature Yorkie