Your mother-in-law is beginning to take it personally. Every time she visits, your normally well-mannered budgie does his business on the couch where she's sitting. While it's unfortunate that your mother-in-law is a bird poo magnet, knowing how to clean it off upholstery can help not dreading her visits.
Put on a pair of cleaning gloves to avoid getting any of your feathered friend's nasty poo on your hands.
Add 2 cups cool water and 1 tablespoon liquid dishwashing soap to a clean bowl. Mix well.
Dampen a clean towel or rag with the water and dishwashing soap mixture. Use a white towel or rag that doesn't bleed color. Ensure that it's damp, but not dripping wet. Repeatedly dab at the poo stain with the damp towel until it's removed from the upholstery.
Fill an eyedropper with hydrogen peroxide and a few drops of ammonia if the bird poo stain remains. Use a 3 percent hydrogen peroxide solution. Add several drops directly onto the stain and allow the solution to remain for a few minutes.
Blot dry with a clean sponge. Allow to dry.
Items you will need
- Cleaning gloves
- Liquid dishwashing soap
- Clean towel or rag
- 3 percent hydrogen peroxide
- Clean sponge
- Treat the bird poo stain immediately. The longer the stain remains, the more difficult it will be to remove.
- Hemera Technologies/PhotoObjects.net/Getty Images
- How to Remove Dog Urine From Sofa Cushions
- Homemade Dried Dog Food
- How to Remove Dog Urine Odor from a Tile Floor
- How to Take Out Dog Urine from Carpet Weeks Later
- Psyllium Seed Powder for Cats
- Making Homemade Crunchy Dog Food
- How to Remove Dog Urine Stains From Oak Flooring
- How to Get Rid of Yellow Stains From Cat Vomit