Bad timing: Fido decided to use the living room sofa as his toilet right before your husband's boss is arriving for dinner. The stain's not just an eyesore; its unpleasant odor fills the space. Don't panic - you can quickly remove all traces of your pooch's accident.
Put on waterproof rubber gloves. As much as you adore your pooch, you don't really want to come into contact with his business.
Place a small amount of dish soap onto a clean cloth or paper towel and gently dab it onto the urine stain.
Add a solution of 1 part water and 2 parts white vinegar into a spray bottle. Shake well.
Spray the cleaning solution generously on the spot of Fido's boo-boo. Don't scrub the stain, to avoid pushing it deeper into the sofa cushion. Allow to dry.
Wipe off any remaining residue with a clean cloth.
Items you will need
- Waterproof rubber gloves
- 2 clean cloths
- Liquid dish soap
- White vinegar
- Spray bottle
- There may be a slight remaining odor of vinegar, but it will eventually dissipate.
- Photos.com/PhotoObjects.net/Getty Images
- How to Train a Dog Not to Bark at Strangers
- Teaching a Dog to Catch Food
- How to Get a Dog to Stop Rough Housing
- How to Prevent Dogs From Howling When You Are Gone
- How to Stop a Pet From Going to the Bathroom in the House
- How to Get Your Dachshund to Behave on a Leash
- Dog Poop Laws
- How to Bring a New Puppy Home to an Older Puppy
- What Are the German Commands for German Shepherds?
- How to Potty-Train an 8-Week-Old Puppy