Eating right and staying fit is as important for a dog's beauty as it is for a human's. While nutrition is the basis of beautiful strands, people don't usually drag their hair in mud and dirt, which means a good homemade shampoo can really help make your dog's coat glossy.
Pour the dish soap and 3/4 cup water into an empty container.
Swirl the soap and water together gently so that it mixes together without forming suds.
Add vinegar to the mixture, stirring or swirling the container gently to avoid too many suds.
Pour glycerin into the mixture and gently shake or stir until all the ingredients are mixed well.
Store the shampoo in a tightly closed container, shaking well before each use.
Items you will need
- 1 cup mild dish detergent
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup glycerin
- Clean empty container with tight-fitting lid
- After rinsing the shampoo out with water, give the coat a final rinse with a mixture of equal parts vinegar and water for extra shine. The odor of the vinegar will disappear after the dog is dry.
- Do not use the shampoo without first performing a spot test on your dog 24 hours before bathing to ensure she is not irritated by any of the ingredients.
- Martin Poole/Digital Vision/Getty Images