When pet hair accumulates beneath your refrigerator, it can reduce the fridge's efficiency. Over time, this makes your refrigerator work harder to keep your food cool and can take time off its lifespan. Cleaning out pet hair takes a few minutes and has a big impact.
Unplug your refrigerator unit.
Remove the base grill from the bottom of your refrigerator by grasping the face of the base grill with your hands and pulling toward you.
Brush pet hair off the refrigerator coils using a refrigerator coil brush. These specialized brushes are designed for this purpose and feature stiff bristles that dislodge hair from the coils.
Sweep the pet hair out from beneath the refrigerator coils, or vacuum up the fur.
Replace the refrigerator grill by pushing it in place.
Plug in the refrigerator.
Items you will need
- Refrigerator coil brush
- Broom and dustpan
- If your refrigerator has coils in the back of the unit, you'll need to push the refrigerator away from the wall first, then clean the coils with the brush. If the unit is heavy, have a friend help you.
- Jupiterimages/Pixland/Getty Images
- How to Clean Dog Hair on a Futon Mattress
- How to Make Dog Topknot Bows
- How to Remove Tree Sap From Dog Hair
- Why Does My Cat Pull His Hair Out?
- How to Correct Dog Behavior Problems for Cheap
- How to Wash a Dog Bed
- Why Do Cats Chew Human Hair?
- "What Are the Causes of Dog Hair Loss, Scratching and Oily Coat?"