When pet hair accumulates beneath your refrigerator, it can reduce the fridge's efficiency. Over time, this makes your refrigerator work harder to keep your food cool and can take time off its lifespan. Cleaning out pet hair takes a few minutes and has a big impact.
Unplug your refrigerator unit.
Remove the base grill from the bottom of your refrigerator by grasping the face of the base grill with your hands and pulling toward you.
Brush pet hair off the refrigerator coils using a refrigerator coil brush. These specialized brushes are designed for this purpose and feature stiff bristles that dislodge hair from the coils.
Sweep the pet hair out from beneath the refrigerator coils, or vacuum up the fur.
Replace the refrigerator grill by pushing it in place.
Plug in the refrigerator.
Items you will need
- Refrigerator coil brush
- Broom and dustpan
- If your refrigerator has coils in the back of the unit, you'll need to push the refrigerator away from the wall first, then clean the coils with the brush. If the unit is heavy, have a friend help you.
- Jupiterimages/Pixland/Getty Images
- How to Clean Dog Hair off of Sofa Fabric
- How to Care for a Cairn Terrier's Coat
- How to Give a Chinese Crested Dog a Hair Cut
- Recipe for Homemade Dog Shampoo for a Glossy Coat
- How to Groom a Wheaten Terrier
- How to Groom a Schnauzer's Legs
- How to Trim a Long Haired Maltese
- The Best Ways to Clean Dog Hair From Carpeted Stairs