Processed food often contains corn and other fillers that can cause your boxer to have bloating and gas. Making food for your boxer doesn't require fancy ingredients that cost an arm and leg. As a matter of fact, fresh meat and vegetables found at your local supermarket make the perfect dog food.
Items you will need
- Chicken or turkey
- Meat thermometer
- 1/2 cup peas or carrots
- 1 egg
- Beef tips
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, pumpkin or spinach
- Yogurt, plain
Boil two chicken or turkey breasts until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees when tested. Your boxer’s diet should consist of at least 60 percent meat.
Add 1/2 cup of peas or carrots to the boiling broth. Allow them to boil until tender. Make sure you always cook carrots and other vegetables before you feed them to your boxer. They have sensitive digestive systems and raw vegetables may cause gas or stomach upset.
Chop the chicken or turkey into 1-inch cubes.
Mix the meat and vegetables in a bowl. Add 1 egg and 2 teaspoons of the broth to the mixture and stir.
Boil 1/2 pound of beef tips or chopped round steak until the internal temperature is at least 150 degrees.
Add 1/2 cup of skinless tomatoes, pumpkin and/or spinach to the boiling broth. Boil the vegetable(s) until tender.
Combine the beef and vegetables in a bowl. Add 1/4 cup of plain yogurt and stir.
- Don’t use onions in the recipes. Store leftover dog food in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Never feed your boxer table scraps. Generally, they contain too many carbs that may harm him.
- Jupiterimages/Comstock/Getty Images
- When Do Newborn Puppies Start Hearing?
- How to Start a Leash-Free Dog Park
- How to Clean a Newborn Puppy When the Mother Didn't
- Tooth Root Abscesses in a Shih Tzu
- Guessing How Many Puppies a Dog Will Have
- How Do Puppies Get Nourishment in the Womb?
- Do Dogs Who Have Had Litters Live Longer?
- The Difference Between Dog Fighting & Play Fighting
- How Old Are Puppies When They Become Sexually Active?
- How Long Is It Safe for an Animal to Be in a Kennel for Air Travel?