Yorkies and poodles are two affectionate and highly trainable breeds. The crossbreed of the two, the Yorkie poo, will catch on to potty training quickly with a little positive reinforcement and a consistent training schedule.
Items you will need
- Dog treat
Take your Yorkie poo outside to the same spot each morning when you wake up. Yorkies and poodles both respond well to repetition, so a morning routine will help your Yorkie poo catch on quickly, and she will feel most comfortable relieving herself in a familiar place.
Reward her with a treat each time she successfully goes outside to relieve herself. Praise and affection serve the same purpose if you want to cut back on treats. Don't punish her if she makes a mistake inside. Stay calm and take her out to her potty training spot immediately.
Stick to a consistent potty training schedule. Always take your Yorkie poo out first thing in the morning and before bed at night. Keep in mind that puppies need to go out five to 30 minutes after they eat.
- Don't give your pup commands when she goes outside to relieve herself. You want to keep the potty training sessions as positive and stress free for your pet as possible.
- Comstock Images/Comstock/Getty Images
- How to Get a Dog to Stop Eating Grass & Leaves
- Ideas to Protect a Couch and a Flokati Rug from Dogs
- Training Snacks for Pomeranians
- What to Do if Your Mini Schnauzer Is Acting Shy?
- How to Stop a Male Dog From Marking at a Female Dog's House
- Dogs' Innate Behavior
- How to Teach a Dog to Use the Concrete Patio for Bathroom
- What Makes Dogs Bark?
- How to Stop Dogs From Going on Your Lawn
- How to Make a Puppy Stop Jumping, Biting & Pulling on Clothes When Walking