Some dogs have sensitive or allergy-prone skin, so you have to be selective about washing them. Sudsing your dog up with store-bought shampoos loaded with chemicals could irritate her skin, but you can just as easily mix up a batch of hypoallergenic shampoo with ingredients from around the house.
Pour your hand soap, water and apple cider vinegar into a bucket and stir until the ingredients are mixed.
Add two drops of lavender oil and two drops of rosemary oil to give the shampoo a more noticeable scent.
Add a soothing, moisturizing ingredient to your shampoo. Glycerin conditions the hair, while aloe vera gel soothes and moisturizes the skin.
Pour your shampoo into resealable containers for storage.
Items you will need
- 2 cups gentle-formula antibacterial hand soap
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 4 oz. glycerin (optional)
- One bottle rosemary oil (optional)
- One bottle lavender oil (optional)
- 2 cups aloe vera gel (optional)
- Stir stick
- Comstock/Comstock/Getty Images