As a part of the family, many people enjoy snuggling closely with their dog or cat on the sofa. Leather furniture, while easy to wipe away the fur, is prone to scratches and tears from their claws and may need covered to protect it.
Items you will need
- Sofa slipcover or pet cover
Measure your sofa's seat length and width. For the length, measure the cushions to the arms of the sofa; for the width, measure from the front of the seat to the back of the sofa.
Choose a pet-quality sofa slipcover or pet cover that matches the decor in your home and fits the measurement of your sofa. Both of these covers are available at big-box stores, home-specialty stores and online retailers. A pet cover is similar to a sofa cover although it doesn't cover the entire sofa; it simply covers the arms, seat and the back -- the places prone to damage from your pet.
Cover the sofa with the slipcover or pet cover and tuck it in between the seats and back and between the seats and arms until it fits properly. In general, slipcovers will go over your sofa and have a tag or other mark that tells you where the back is. They usually are either elastic or have a drawstring to pull them taut against the couch.
- Pet covers may slip a little bit on the leather surface. You can also try a decorative throw blanket to toss on your furniture.
- funny dog sleeping on pillow with legs crossed image by Paul Retherford from Fotolia.com
- How to Treat Cat Urine on Subflooring
- The Average Lifespan of Cats vs. Dogs
- Tips for Owning a Dog & a Cat
- What to Do When Your Dog Goes After the New Kitten
- The Best Hardwood Flooring for Pets and Kids
- What Kinds of Intestinal Parasites Do Cats & Dogs Transmit?
- How do I Get Cat Urine Out of Sub Flooring?
- How to Remove Pet Urine Smell and Stains From a Subfloor
- The Best Wood Floors for Pets
- 5 Most Common House Pets